10.07.2010

art crawl - rodger stevens

- rodger stevens










I am bowled over by Rodger Stevens' work.  I received a postcard from his studio a while back and it had somehow disappeared in the recesses of my desk.  It resurfaced yesterday and I was thrilled to re-discover it.  Rodger hails from Brooklyn and attended Parson's School of Design and the School of Visual arts in NYC.  His work has been exhibited around the country and in Paris since 1993. His various commissions can also be seen throughout the country is such places as Barney's, Tiffany and Co., and The W Hotel.
I absolutely love his sculpture work compiled of steel, wire, skill.  Whether free standing or hanging overhead, it truly is stunning.  His lamps are pretty clever too.  What do you think of the box lamp prototype?  

{Images courtesy Rodger Stevens Studio}

0 comments:

Post a Comment