10.06.2010

bake: banana nut bread

Hi friends! I hope every one is having an amazing week!  
I love all breads especially those sweetened with fruits and nuts and all about Fall.  Banana nut bread is probably an all time favorite and I find myself making it all the time.  I have tried a few variations but this one I have used forever because it's simple and wonderful. The bread is really so good and moist, it will kick. your. a**.  And it makes your place smell amazing while it's baking.  

You'll Need:
5 T Butter
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups mashed bananas (make sure they are very ripe)
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup heavy cream
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

How To:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.  (I prefer to use butter).  Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.  Add sugar and brown sugar and beat well.  Add egg, egg whites and vanilla and beat until well blended.  Add the banana and beat on high for about 30 seconds.  In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl.  Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with cream, ending with the flour mixture.  Add the walnuts to the batter and blend.  Pour batter into the loaf pan.  Bake for approx. 1 hour 15 minutes or until brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  

Enjoy!  
Tip: It's especially good slathered with butter in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea.  And it's even better the next day if it lasts that long! Let me know if you try it!



2 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

We are banana bread junkies! I have never made it with nuts but I am going to asap! I have tested all the recipes you've posted and I can say you rock at baking!
Thanks so much!
xo

bink and boo said...

Today is the perfect day to bake this. It's cold and rainy and this bread is just what the house needs to warm it up.

Post a Comment