1.13.2012

a little space

The time has come to start thinking about the little one's room.  Lots of changes are happening in these parts and one of the biggest ones is making room for baby.  I want a room that he (yes we are having a boy!) will enjoy as a wee one and that will also grow with him.  I can't handle "baby-ish" or  theme-y nurseries.  That's just not my style.  But I want it to be a happy ,fun and colorful space for him.  It's been a bit challenging to wrap my head around the design and color palette since I'm a big neutral kind of girl.  So, here's what I'm thinking.  I'm going to keep the walls a soft ivory and add color through the artwork and miniature baby things around the room.  Patterns with grass green, pops of yellow, and bits of red and aqua will liven it up for baby and look great against the warm wood furniture.  We already have the Thonet rocker and the walnut dressers we have are similar to those above (my pics of our dressers are crap).  So we have some great pieces to start with.  I love the crib but not the price so Jake is going to build one inspired by the Oeuf one shown.  I will keep you posted on the progress of that piece and what he comes up with.  So, we will see how this l'il scheme goes down over the next few months.  I'm pretty excited to get to work on it!


rocker (similar here), pillow, tall dresser, low dresser/changing table, mobile, crib, basket, art, lamp, striped rug

0 comments:

Post a Comment