1.27.2011

studio surface art crawl - Valerie Galloway

I am in love with the work of Valerie Galloway.  inspired by old family portraits and cinema, she has created pieces that are just blowing me away! I would place these in my home as well as those spaces of my clients.  They are vintage and modern at once so I think they would fit in wonderfully in really any setting.  Do you see a bit of nostalgic playing cards in the women's faces?  I do.  There is a hint of French too.  And those red tights are to die for.  

row 1: one, two, three
row 2: one, two, three

visit her shop here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! Each has so much personality. I want one!!

Anna Elder said...

very pretty!! i love the second row, far left.

Unknown said...

Cute, love the simple style , but strong characters!!!
Freesia

Anna @ IHOD said...

I really enjoy finding new artists:) Her work is fantastic.
I was wearing your necklace yesterday! I just love it:)
Happy weekend!!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Thanks for the introduction. I love this work, especially French Stripes.
Carol

Ana Degenaar said...

These look amazing! I'd love to have #1 Row2 in my home. I love reading about talented female artist. I need to see more!

Post a Comment